This year's Oktoberfest, or "Wies'n" as the locals call it, is coming up.
For quite a while now it hasn't just been a local thing anymore, people from all over the world come to say "Prost!" and "Mahlzeit!" which results in some crazy numbers:
- 95 gastronomical companies feed the visitors
- Oktoberfest employs 8.000 fixed and 4.000 changing workers
- the biggest tent is the "Hofbräuzelt" with 10.000 seats available (including the beergarden)
- all in all there are 14 big tents and 21 little ones (the smallest has 60 seats available) and together they offer 105.000 seats
- had 6.9 million visitors
- 7.5 million liters of beer (Maß) were consumed
- 522.821 chicken and
- 118 oxen were eaten
- 4.750 things landed in the lost and found office including a Viking's helmet and some fake teeth
|entrance of a tent called "oxen roaster"|
even crazier: in the previous year 2010 the same office had to deal with a pug dog, a bunny, riding crops oh hello Christian Grey! and more hearing aids and fake teeth.
|the poor dog found in 2010 - who would even bring one to Oktoberfest?!|
|200 people ask here for their lost phone DAILY!|